I finally got a copy of Genesis Framework by StudioPress and quickly coded up my first theme which I have called ‘Harris’.
Here’s a screenshot:
You can see a demo here.
It’s a very simple theme with only a couple of customizations:
- I have placed the secondary navigation above the header.
- There is a widget area called ‘Homepage featured’ which should only display on the homepage.
I’d be very keen to get any feedback, especially since this is my first Genesis Framework theme.
I have recently developed and submitted a Google Chrome extension to the Chrome Web Store that can be used to calculate the GST component of good and services in New Zealand.
The calculator can be used to calculate either the GST component of an amount or to add the GST component to an amount.
To use the GST Calculator:
- Select whether you want to remove the GST from an amount or add it to an amount.
- Enter the amount to calculate the GST on. Make sure the amount is numeric and greater than 0. Don’t put a $ in front of the amount.
- Click the “Calculate GST” button.
- To clear the amounts, click the “Clear” button.
I’d be keen to know if it’s useful (I think it is). Also, let me know in the comments if you find any bugs or whether you think it can be improved.
Download the NZ GST Calculator.
So I finally got time to do some work on my blog… and here is the Nelson WordPress Theme. It’s a fairly minimal design that should be easy enough to customize to your own liking. I’m using it here, so you can get an idea of how it looks.
The following features are implemented into the theme:
- Custom Header – Assign your own header image using the built in WordPress Theme Header functionality. The image should be 940px X 150px.
- Custom Background – Set your own back color or image using the built in WordPress Background functionality.
There are 2 custom navigation menus:
- At the top of the page above the blog title and tagline text.
- Below the custom header image.
There are 7 widgetized areas:
- The top of the sidebar which is 100% of the width of the sidebar.
- The left 50% of the sidebar beneath the top sidebar widget.
- The right 50% of the sidebar beneath the top sidebar widget.
- Left 25% footer widget.
- Mid-left 25% footer widget.
- Mid-right 25% footer widget.
- Right 25% footer widget.
Updates for this version:
- Fixed wide images not resizing.
- Fixed clearing floats.
- Added .sticky class.
- Added .bypostauthor class.
- Added README.txt.
- Added the_post_thumbnail().